• Beware of current IRS scam. Residents are receiving telephone calls regarding fees due and failure to pay will result in jail time.
• Do not let any strangers in your home.
• Do not give any information over the phone.
• Do not send any money to anyone that requests it, unless you have confirmed who they are.
• Do not allow anyone to pressure you, even if they threaten you with collection agencies or even arrest, this is usually a scam.
• Do not believe anyone who says they are the IRS and you owe money.
• Do not believe anyone who says that your relatives are in jail or in the hospital and need money, this is usually a scam.
• The lottery will not call you and tell you that you have won, and they won’t ask you to send money.
IF IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!